Chronopost International Portugal provides express transport services for packages weighing up to 31.5 kg throughout Portugal and to more than 230 countries, both in the business sector (B2B) and to private clients (B2C).
Chronoeasy is a prepaid service which consists in contracting five Chrono13 dispatches in mainland Portugal, with weight limit up to 5 kg or 10 kg and without the client needing to open an account. It includes insurance up to 200€ and there is no time limit on when you can use the service. A simple, easy service for clients who need to make sporadic dispatches. This service does not allow COD, Delivery against reimbursement or Signed Receipt.
Once your package is wrapped and packed, the easiest way to dispatch it is using our Chronoship tool. Once you have logged into Chronoship, fill in and print the waybill, which you should put together with the package and all the other documentation (invoice or receipt). Then arrange for collection using the website. If you do not wish to become a registered user in our system, you can always arrange the collection by calling the number for client service: 707 20 28 28.
Yes. You have to be registered to make dispatches through the website. However registering is quick and easy and takes only a few minutes!
If your dispatch is not a document (or if the document weighs more than 20 kg) you will need to send certain documents which vary depending on the destination. For dispatches with origin and destination within Portugal, you need to send a receipt or invoice. If the dispatch is international, you must add the following documentation:
Dispatches (other than documents) to the European Union:
- Receipt or invoice (preferably in English).
For the Canary Islands follow the instructions for the European Union. Please read the information below.
Dispatches (other than documents) outside the European Union:
- Attach a commercial or proforma invoice ( for goods up to the value of 75€ - for higher values it must be a commercial invoice );
- Add the following information (obligatory);
- Origin of the merchandise;
- Details of the Sender and Receiver with contact name and telephone;
- Original invoice and waybill;
- Invoice number and tax number;
- Number of pages;
- Complete description of the merchandise and number of items;
- Net and gross weight;
- Unit cost and total by type of merchandise;
- Total amount of invoice;
- Indication of currency used;
- IMCO Terms (Delivery terms);
- Payment terms of the merchandise;
- Processed by computer/ Name of printer (where the invoice was printed);
- VAT Exemption Declaration;
- Use English language;
- Tariff article.
In addition to this information, every country may have its own specific invoice requirements. We therefore advise you to ask about these in good time to avoid customs delays to your dispatch.
Apart from articles which are not authorized for dispatch by Chronopost (Hazardous materials, live plants and animals, perishable goods, food products, arms and military equipment, high value materials, skins of wild animals, alcohol and tobacco), there are further articles which are prohibited in other countries. Senders of international dispatches are responsible for complying with governmental regulations and laws, and we therefore advise you to consult the list of forbidden import articles for every country.
Chronopost's Track & Trace system allows you to follow your dispatches at all times. Once you have logged in go to Track & Trace, and a simple click allows you to find out all the information you need about your dispatch: status of one or more dispatches, date and time of delivery, receiver's name, dispatch history, whether there was any kind of incident, digital proof of delivery etc, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This follow-up is made possible by the dispatch handling system developed by Chronopost, which allows distribution information to be recorded quickly and reliably. By means of a portable scanner which communicates with the system via GPRS, the time of departure, the different stages of the transport and the exact time of delivery are all recorded precisely, together with any incidents which may have occurred.
For After-Sales Service to our clients, Chronopost has a dedicated and proactive Client Service department. We are completely at our clients' and receivers' disposal on our single number 707 20 28 28, open from 08:00 to 20:00 hrs on weekdays and 09:00 to 13:00 hrs on Saturdays.
Chronopost International Portugal offers express delivery of packages of up to 31.5 kg. However there are certain products which we do not transport. The articles listed below are not authorized for dispatch by Chronopost Portugal:
- Hazardous goods (acid, toxic, gaseous, magnetic and inflammable materials);
- Live plants and animals;
- Perishable goods;
- Food products;
- Arms and military equipment;
- High value or precious materials (precious stones, jewellery or works of art);
- Skins of wild animals;
- Alcohol and tobacco;
- All goods prohibited by law or which may violate any export or import laws.
There are additional articles which are prohibited in other countries. We therefore advise you to consult the list of forbidden import articles for every country, since it is the responsibility of the sender (not the transport company) to comply with government regulations and laws.
Chronopost accepts no liability for the transport of any of the goods listed above, nor for any possible damage caused to such merchandise.
Special conservation articles
Chronopost accepts no liability for damage caused in the transport of articles which require special conservation (e.g. refrigeration) or which contain perishable components (e.g. articles with active principles with a limited lifespan).
Chronopost waybills contain a number of fields, all duly identified, which the client must fill in as follows:
- Name and address of the sender;
- Name and address of the receiver with 7-digit Postcode;
- Chronopost identifier and number of the Transport Waybill in the form of a barcode which can be read by scanner;
- Identification of the nature of the merchandise transported, with total weight and number of packages;
- Space reserved for the sender to record additional delivery instructions;
- Space reserved for self-adhesive labels referring to additional packages (Max. 4 packages);
- Identification of the amount to be collected against delivery of the package;
- Space to be filled in with the transport cost to be paid by the receiver (field 9) or the sender (field 10) as appropriate;
- Space for the date and the sender's signature;
- Space for the date and signature of the Chronopost Driver-Distributor.
A waybill filled in using ChronoShip allows you to add up to 999 packages to a dispatch. If the waybill is filled in by hand, the maximum limit is 5 packages per waybill.
707 20 28 28
Av. Infante D. Henrique
Lote 10 - Olivais Sul